Today is World Suicide Prevention Day. Please spare a thought today for all those who have lost a family or friend to suicide. It seems almost all of us know someone who has taken there own life. I personally (Lisa) know over 5 people which is a horrible thought and i wish someone was able to help them see how beautiful this world can be and how to change from negative thoughts into seeing a brighter future. There is always another way. As hard as that can seem to people feeling low and depressed, think of your future, what you can become, where you can go, what you can see from this beautiful world. Live life to the fullest. #lifelife #positivity #change
Here are some ways you can help yourself heal:
- Talk with friends or family or see a counsellor or life coach. Its amazing how you feel getting it off your chest. You will feel lighter and better about things.
- Go outside and THINK, do you really want to give up? is this an easy way out? can you try harder to amend your problems? Take some time out from life and go to the beach or the woods. Or get pampered. Have a massage or holistic therapy to drain your negative energies.
- Don't let you own thoughts overpower your mind. Sometimes we need to get out of our heads and listen to our heart. The mind is a powerful thing and we need to learn to control our thoughts and feelings. Meditation is very beneficial for this.
- Write! I personally find writing a way to clear my mind and really find out whats going on in my head. It is a great release and in time to come you can look back and see how far you have come, you made it through those though times!
- Exercise often, it really does boost your mood. Anyone who trains will know this. You feel good and you have achieved something. Even walking in the fresh air will help you see clearly and change your mood to a more positive perspective.
- Eat right! Nutrition may not seem on the top of your list but binging on processed foods (takes aways, cakes, chocolate) and alcohol can alter your mind frame in a hugh way. You get a high for 5 minutes then you feel low and crave that rush again. Stick to long lasting happy foods like almonds, avocado and broccoli. Add chilies/cayenne pepper to your meals and for a treat, have dark chocolate. A green juice in the morning can boost energy and mood also.
- Make a dream board. Jot down or cut out pictures, articles or words of what your goals in life were before you felt low. What did you want to achieve? Where did you want live? What car would you like to drive? Where would you enjoy holidaying or visiting? where would your dream job be? This will help you see that you have so much more to do in this life and a whole world to get out there and explore! We only get one chance as life (my opinion) so lets live it! :)